Postcards From Lofoten
Friday July 27th - Friday august 3rd, 2018
10 seats available
about the workshop
The Lofoten Islands during summer might very well be the most idyllic region of all of Norway. Famous for its peaks, sea lodges and the midnight sun, Lofoten makes for a premium destination this time of year.
You will book your flights to Harstad/Narvik airport Evenes, where we will pick you and the rest of the group up. Afterwards we will get checked in at Hattvika Lodge. This will be our accommodation for this week.
Join us and experience the many vistas this picturesque region has to offer. We will spend this week experiencing many epic location from Svolvær in the north to Værøy in the south. This workshop is for you that like being outdoors and enjoy hiking.
During this week you will get in-field tutoring as well as post-processing lessons. Topics we will go into are focus stacking, exposure blending and shooting for dynamic range to name a few.
ABOUT THE LOFOTEN ISLANDS
Lofoten is an archipelago famous for its dramatic scenery. A string of islands are connected by road, bridges and tunnels. In each of these islands you will find picturesque villages and hidden beaches. In total the region has a population of about 24500.
Our basecamp will be at the heart of Lofoten, at the beautiful Hattvika Lodge in the small town of Ballstad.
ABOUT EVEN TRYGGSTRAND
Even is our shooting star of Instagram. Since he picked up a camera a few years ago he has been featured by Instagram as well as local and national newspapers in Norway.
Even also bears the title as brand ambassador for Manfrotto.
ABOUT ROY EINAR JENSEN
Roy is our head scout and globetrotter. This guy knows about local gems, few locals even know about. Roy will take us beyond the highlights you have seen a thousands times before.
ABOUT TOR-IVAR NÆSS
Tor has been featured both by national and international newspapers . In addition he has been nominated Astrophotographer of the Year by the Royal Observatory in Greenwich, London. Tor will teach you some neat tricks in Photoshop.
Tor-Ivar is today brand ambassador for the Norwegian shoe producers Alfa Sko.
During this week in Lofoten we will visit world-class locations like Reine, Værøy and Uttakleiv. We will prioritize sunrises and sunsets during this week. So it will be late evening and early mornings, but well worth it if the weather is with us.
There will be some hiking as well, so you should be able to carry your photography gear while hiking. The hikes we will be doing are not dangerous in anyway, but the classic hike in Lofoten takes us from sea level and up to 3-500m above sea level. They are often steep, but not long.
The weather in Lofoten is highly unpredictable, this will give us many unique chances to capture amazing light throughout the day. The weather in Lofoten also set a demand for proper outdoor clothing.
what to bring?
- You should bring a camera you are comfortable using. We recommend you to bring a camera with full manual control as well as interchangable lenses.
- We will be photographing a variety of locations, so having selection of lenses to chose from is nice. Our recommendation is that you cover the range from 14mm to 200mm.
- A tripod is recommended as we will work with exposure blending and also longer exposures.
- Filters are optional, but highly recommended.
- A laptop able to run Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop is highly recommended as you´ll be able to receive personal tutoring in those application.
- Extras like batteries, memory cards and lens cloth is also highly recommended.
Any hike we do will be about 400m in elevation. You will need to carry your own camera gear through out these hikes.
- Hiking boots, you will spend most of your day in these, so they should be broken in.
- You need to be able to protect yourself from the elements, so a good water-resistant jacket is recommended.
- We recommend you to bring a pair of rain boots, as we will be playing around and in water for some long exposures. Waders or neoprene socks are also good alternatives.
- Base- and mid-layers are nice to have as temperatures will vary some and we can expect some wind for sure.
- We recommend you to bring a hat and a pair of gloves as well. It is often windy at the mountain.
what´s included and what´s not?
Included: Photo guiding, transportation, accommodation at Hattvika Lodge, post-processing sessions as well as any in-field tutoring.
Not Included: Any travel services required for arriving and departing at and from the Harstad/Narvik Airport, Evenes (EVE). Any drinks, snacks and souvenirs.
Dates: July 27th- August 3rd, 2018
Availability: 10 of 10
Payment: €2890 Based on double occupancy. Single room is extra.
To reserve your spot you need to pay a deposit of €800. All payments are done via PayPal or bank transfer.
The deposit is non-refundable and full payment is due 60 days prior to the tour.
Arrival: Harstad/Narvik Airport, Evenes (EVE). July 27th, no later than 2pm.
Departure: Harstad/Narvik Airport, Evenes (EVE). August 3rd, after 11am.
Book with us
Fill the form or send us an e-mail at email@example.com