The perfect winter destination.
Join us as we take on the Lofoten Islands dressed in white. The sun is returning to Northern Norway at this time, so we will make sure you get plenty of chances to capture beautiful light both during the day and also at night.
When joining Even and Roy to the Lofoten Islands you can rest assured you will get to visit the highlights of what the islands have to offer. You will be in the hands of local professionals and can expect to be well taken care of from day 1.
Dates: January 25 - February 1, 2019
The full price of this tour is 2590 euros
If you want your own room, that is an additonal €500.
We do accept all major credit cards.
What do our clients say?
Above and beyond!
“They are truly professional in every aspect and extremely hard working. I am looking forward to booking another trip with them. Nordic Photo Tours is top notch!!!”
— Debbie M
Hardest working crew!
“I had the privilege of spending 7 days with these three trip guides in Lofoten. It was an amazing trip and Tor, Even and Roy are all really talented photographers, great teachers and all around great guys. ”
— David L.
About the workshop.
During this week long tour, the Lofoten Islands will be covered in snow from top to bottom and the moon will be very near new - giving us the best possible chance to witness the amazing aurora borealis.
We will spend these days exploring the many world-class locations the region has to offer. With a base at the in the heart of the Lofoten Islands
We will pick you up at Evenes Airport and take you and the rest of the eager photographers to the Lofoten Islands.
During this week you will get courses in night photography specifically oriented towards capturing the northern lights aka the aurora borealis. You will be taken too amazing places in time for the good light and when you are not out shooting, Even and Roy will teach you how they use Adobe Lightroom to produce the images they envisioned from the day.
This workshop is beginner friendly and will not be dipping into the world of Photoshop, but stick to Lightroom only.
Transport from and to Harstad/Narvik Airport Evenes (EVE), accommodation for the duration of the workshop, photography guiding both in the field and also post-processing session.
Meals are not, but there will be plenty of chances to buy groceries and prepared meals during this workshop. Also not included are any private insurances and any costs required to travel to and from Harstad/Narvik Airport Evenes (EVE) from to to your home location.
About The Lofoten Islands
Lofoten is an archipelago famous for its dramatic scenery. A string of islands is connected by road, bridges, and tunnels. In each of these islands, you will find picturesque villages and hidden beaches. In total, the region has a population of about 24500.
Our base camp will be at the heart of Lofoten, at the beautiful Hattvika Lodge in the small town of Ballstad.
How to get to the meeting point?
Should you need to come in the day before, we recommend you staying with Tjelsundbrua Hotel.
"You’ll never forget your first approach to the Lofoten Islands.
The islands spread their tall, craggy physique against the sky like some spiky sea dragon, and you wonder how human beings eke out a living in such seemingly inhospitable surroundings. The beauty of this place is simply staggering."
What To Bring
- You should bring a camera you are comfortable using. We recommend you to bring a camera with full manual control as well as interchangeable lenses.
- We will be photographing a variety of locations, so having a selection of lenses to chose from is nice. A wide-angle lens, as well as a telephoto lens, is recommended. It is also highly recommended that you have an ultra-wide-angle lens with an aperture of f2.8 or faster to capture the aurora borealis. A full frame equivalent range from 14mm to 200mm is recommended.
- Since part of this tour is about capturing the night sky as well, you will need a sturdy tripod to be able to do long exposures. If you don´t own one, you can rent one from us.
- Filters are optional but recommended.
- A laptop able to run Adobe Lightroom is highly recommended as you will be able to receive personal tutoring in that application. Make sure you have the latest version before you arrive.
- Extras like batteries, memory cards, and lens cloth are also highly recommended. Batteries will drain fast in the cold.
- Lofoten Islands will be at its peak of winter at this time and temperatures will most likely be cold. The weather can change very fast, so proper winter clothing is necessary. Being able to protect ourselves from the elements is key to a successful workshop.
A good set of base layers, mid-layers for warmth such as fleece and down. A shell jacketand quick-dry hiking pants will help to protect against the elements as well. Good snow bootsor insulated hiking boots are advised. Having a warm hat and gloves is essential. A face cover, such as a balaclava, may also help you to be more comfortable in windy conditions.
We will spend a good amount of time outside in the dark, so bring a headlamp.
We will prioritize catching that dramatic light, so we will be on the move for sunrises, sunsets and of course the northern lights.
The weather in the Lofoten Islands is highly unpredictable, so we will have to adapt as we go. You can, however, rest assured that we will visit amazing locations up to several times per day!
Dates: January 25 - February 1, 2019
Payment: €2590 Based on double occupancy. You will be sharing the room with someone of your gender, unless anything else is agreed upon. Single room is €500 extra.
Arrival: Harstad/Narvik Airport, Evenes (EVE). January 25th, no later than 11am.
Departure: Harstad/Narvik Airport, Evenes (EVE). February 1st, after 11am.